Our primary reasons for collecting your personal data are to process your orders for goods from our Site, address enquiries which you may make on our Site from time to time and provide you with the most efficient service possible. We do not anticipate collecting or processing sensitive personal data about you.
Our Site may contain links to other websites. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites and advise you to read the privacy statements of each website you visit which collects personal information.
Our Policy for Processing your Personal Data
What personal data do we process and where do we get it from?
- When you contact us via the “Contact Us” link on our Site or email us, or register on our Site, we will collect personal data from you.
- When you contact us over the telephone we may collect personal data from you.
- Personal information may also be obtained automatically by your internet browser.
- If you place an order for goods and when you subsequently submit payment for that order we will collect personal data from you.
- If you request a quotation for goods we may collect personal data from you.
- Where you elect to pay for the Goods using Finance, personal data supplied by the Finance Company to enable your order to be processed by us.
- The types of personal data which we may collect from you could include, for example, your name, your contact details (such as your address, telephone number and email address), credit card information and other information collected on registration or through the “Contact Us” link on our Site.
What do we do with your Personal Data?
We will process your personal data so that:
- we can process your orders for Goods from our Site subject to the terms and conditions of our Site;
- we can process any order made by you and arrange delivery;
- w can fulfil our obligations to you under any contract for the supply of Goods subject to the terms and conditions of our Site;
- we can deal with the general queries you raise from time to time through the “Contact Us” link on our Site, by post, by email or by telephone;
- we can process any payment made by you;
- we can process your registration details; and
- we can process any Notice of Cancellation received, and where applicable inform the Finance Company that the contract for sale has been cancelled.
Other purposes for which we may process your personal data are:
- the general administration of your records by us;
- the general maintenance of our database and records by us;
- for security purposes to protect your personal data held and/or processed by us;
- for training our employees in respect of providing our service to you;
- to maintain records of payments made by you; and
- for our general marketing purposes unless you have notified us to the contrary.
Who else gets to see your Personal Data?
Our data processors.
Such couriers used by us from time to time for the purposes of delivering goods ordered by you.
Where you elect to pay for the Goods by using Finance, the Finance Company will use your personal data:-to process payment of your order; and
to cancel the credit agreement, where notified by us of the cancellation of the contract for sale, and to arrange any refund with you.
You have the right to object to your personal data being used for ‘direct marketing’ and/or ‘host mailing’ purposes. You can change your options in relation to the information you wish to receive at any time by contacting Giant Canada in writing by post or email.
You have the right to request from us information as to what personal data we are processing about you. Such requests should be made in writing by post or email to Giant Canada and should be accompanied by a $15.00 fee. We will provide you with the relevant information within 40 days of receipt of the fee.
Maintenance of your personal data
We are committed to the security of your personal data. All of our employees and subcontractors with access to your personal data and/or who are associated with the processing of that data are contractually obliged to respect the confidentiality of your personal data.
We have implemented technology measures and security policies to protect the personal data that we have in our control from unauthorised access, improper use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction or accidental loss.